Mindset Matters as We Head Into the Second Half of the Year by Floyd Wickman
There’s a powerful quote by Wayne Dyer that says, “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.” He’s got a point-you know? It’s easier sometimes to think the top producers, the super-productive, always-seem-to-get-ahead kind of people are just “lucky” or sometimes even “handed success.” It’s easier, but not true. Do they feel lucky sometimes – oh yeah. But more to the fact – they've walked the “extra mile.” They've put in the work. They've set their priorities, their goals and their mindsets on bringing their best to their career, clients, family and even themselves. The exciting thing is – you can be that “lucky” too.
As we head into the second half of the year, consider taking a walk on that extra mile. It’s an exciting road, I've got to say – and one that once you’re on it – you don’t ever want to get off. It feels good to know you’re going the extra steps it takes to close deals. It’s extraordinary to provide the very best service to your clients. And it’s amazing to reap the rewards of the “extra” both financially and in terms of the options those rewards provide for you and your family.
So what can you do EXTRA starting now that will take you further in the next six months?
Here are a few ideas…
- Start an hour earlier each day and get all the busy work done that can take you (or sometimes tempt you) from doing the revenue-producing tasks necessary for success
- Devote an hour (or two) a week to self-discovery, skill-building and education
- Commit to SMART time management (or for those of you who have taken our class S.M.A.R.T. time management) so that you really can get more done in less time
- Keep your promises – as we say in our core values – always do what you say you’re going to do – you don’t have to do more – just NEVER any less
- Mentor up – Find both a mentor and a protégé so that you are both learning and teaching next year – the learning helps you to have continuous growth and the teaching keeps you on your TOES
- Don’t lose sight of what brought you to success – take care of your family, your friends and the clients who have supported you – always remember this life is all about relationships
Now I have a question for you….how can YOU go the extra mile? What will make you stronger next year? What can you do differently than you've done in the past that will bring you not just success but peace of mind? The holidays are the perfect time for reflection – and looking forward. I wish you every success!
Oh – and as always, if you need us – give us a call!