Rumors of My Demise...Jun 20, 2012
5 Reasons Not to Believe Everything You Hear... By Floyd Wickman
Much like the great Mark Twain, who found himself fodder for rumors of his passing that forced him to make the statement, “Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated,” I too have found my name has recently hit the rumor mill. It’s come to my attention that I am retiring, which comes as great news to me! So I’ll make my own proclamation and assure everyone that Rumors of My Retirement are GREATLY Exaggerated!
The truth is, not only am I not retiring – I feel as if I am very much hitting my stride. So, with a little humor, a little humility and a little insight into my life – I want to share with you my top five reasons that I won’t retire. Ready?
- I love what I do. Passionately. Creatively. And with all that I am. There is nothing I am more excited about than standing on a stage helping people help themselves. It has been one of the greatest joys of my life to have shared with hundreds of thousands of sales professionals the tools, techniques and strategies that have allowed them to lead better lives, build stronger careers and enjoy more moments along the way.
- There are a lot of people out there who still need what I have to say. The fact is that there are a lot of sales people out there still struggling. And new agents coming into the business every day without the foundation they need to succeed. Not be here to make a difference in their lives? That’s just not me. I will share what I know, my solutions and systems for success for as long as I possibly can. When you’ve had salesperson after salesperson come up to you in your life to simply say, “Thank you – you changed my life,” – that’s not something you can easily walk away from. Trust me.
- I would never let a client down. One of my core values is to always make my client’s number one goal my number one goal. So that means if a client needs me, if they pick up the phone and say, “Floyd, we need you to help our organization,” I’m going to be there. Whatever it takes.
- I’m physically in better shape than ever. I’ve been blessed with good health, strong spirit and a desire to keep sharing my message. So if God has given me the ability and the health to do what I do – I’m sure as heck not going to waste it.
- What else would I do? Listen, the truth is that I’ve done enough boating and woodworking to last a lifetime. And while I believe in time off and downtime as much as the next guy – the stage is where I am at my best. It’s where I can make a difference. It’s what brings me incredible joy and reward as I see salespeople excel and exceed their goals. And frankly, it’s where I want to be.
So friends – Know this -- I’m here to stay. You’re not getting rid of me that easily! In fact we've got SO MUCH going on right now - it's exciting to see and be a part of! We've got people coming in from all over North America for our 2012 Summer Forum, a brand new Leadership Webinar Series kicking off, New Selling Skills Programs kicking off, a fall Speaker's Academy in the works and more agent success stories from the Floyd Wickman Program pouring in every day. So as you can see - there's much to do. I'm here, healthy and I’ll be around to deliver the real world goods for a long time to come. I hope you’ll be right there on the journey with me!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news, updates and discounts from our team.
Your information is safe with us.